Setting a series pass but no recording

I don’t know if I’m missing a step here, but twice now I’ve set a pass up. It all looks right. I search for the programme but it doesn’t put in the channel. it shows up as queued. but doesn’t record. I thought when you searched for a programme it would automatically put in the channel no?

You need to check the DVR Log to see what happened when the program was supposed to record

There is nothing there in the log. it was for yesterday at 9pm. But the key seems to be that for seem reason when you set up a series pass from a search it doesn’t always automatically put in the channel info

Channel number is not required in a pass. If a recording shows up on the schedule, it should record.

Check the Log by going to http://127.0.0.1:8089/log?n=2000

That’s where i went to look.

Maybe I’ve forgotten. I thought that by setting up a series pass it normally automatically records it. It appears that although the pass is set up, it’s not automatically queued unless I hit record on the guide.

After you create the pass, do the episodes show up on the Schedule or not? If they’re on the Schedule, they should record. If the Schedule is empty, then obviously nothing will record.

So I set the pass up like so:

And save it. In the past I didn't think I had to do more than that, but no they don't show up in the schedule so they obviously won't record. You have to go to the item in the guide and hit record

You do not need to enter a channel.

Are you sure that there are new episodes airing? Maybe you need to change it to All episodes?

You can use the advanced editor in the web UI (click the gear dropdown on the right of the pass) and it will show you how many episodes match the rules.

This is a series that just started this last Saturday. There are 7 more to go.

What happens if you remove the channel? What does the advanced view show?

sorry can you remind me where advanced view is ?

On the DVR web page, click under Passes and then click the gear button to the right of the pass

I think what the confusion on my part might be…I thought that when you set a series pass it automatically sets record. What’s happening with me is I can find the item in the series pass but if i don’t actually HIT record, nothing else happens. Has it always been like this? I thought previously that once you set up the pass that was it…or am I having a senior moment?

Yes a Series pass will automatically record episodes.

In the advanced view, next to the save button it says “0 airings” which means the rules are not matching any episodes.

So what do I need to do? It’s found the correct series. All the info seems correct?

Try clicking the X next to “Tags == New” and see if that changes the “0 Airings”

Also try to find “Hidden” on the search tab, click in and see if it shows episodes. If it does, copy/paste the URL from the browser.

Removing the tags == new does make it show up a recording. But only currently the next one. But that’ll do for now. What do you think is going on here?

Is it something to do with guide info?

Sounds like the guide data doesn’t have the episodes marked as New?

Do a search for the show and look at all the upcoming airings. Do they say “New” next to them?