Setting up DVR on Synology DS218+

I am setting up my Channels DVR on my Synology DS218+. I got the package installed and did the initial setup with no problems. I even added a DVR folder on my NAS and did a recording. The problem came when I went to see the actual file on my NAS I could not see the folder I created during the setup. So I decided to change it to a share I already had on my NAS. Now it won't let me Enable DVR and just keeps the spinning arrows going. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Once you install, you can't just change the directory like that. It expects the directory to have the files it needs. Since it doesn't, it won't start.

You need to move the files it created when you first set it up to that directory.

Uncheck the box, move the files over, and then check the box again.

Thanks!

We recommend creating a new share called DVR from the Synology interface and then picking that as the location in the dvr settings

What I ended up doing was just reinstalling the DVR on my Synology and did just that, created a DVR folder. It is working great now. Thanks for the quick replies! You guys make an awesome bit of code!