Setting up Fire TV stick for Channels to work outside my home/network?

I found this while searching: "On your FireTV you can go into settings and click Connect to DVR > Away from Home and follow the steps on screen. Once that's done, you can take it with you and plug it into another tv and it should connect back to your home."
However, I can't find the settings either in the Fire TV Stick setting or the the Channels App settings... In the Channels App settings ... I tried to open "Permissions" to view and manage app permissions but nothing opens... just blank. and then it knocks the Fire TV off... Could someone please point me to where I can find the "Connect to DVR > Away from Home and follow the steps on screen" ? I would really appreciate any help! Thanks, Steve

Open the Channels app, go to the Settings, select the Channels DVR box showing Connected:ip address. I also had trouble located it the first time, but now it seems obvious.

If you're having trouble, post a photo of what you see when you open the Channels app

sorry still missing it ... I will post pics below. Thank you for your input

1 Like

In pic #1 this is what I see when I open the app... then pic #2 shows what I see when I open the "settings" at bottom left of pic #1... Then pic #3 is what I see when I open the fire tv setting and go to applications then open Channels from there... I appreciate any help.... Thank You

You don’t really need to do that step while at home anyways. Once you are at the remote location the app won’t find your dvr. So then it will ask if you are home or away. You’ll choose away and login and it will load. I assume you are at home with those screen shots but the ip it shows also could be on a vpn or that tail scale is configured and enabled 10.0.0.0

Thank You to all that replied! I appreciate the help.... Steve

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.