Settings to help elderly and profiles

You would like something like this ? This is how I setup 1 Android Client.

Thank you. But that’s still way too complicated for my elderly mother. The whole idea of a guide is confusing, and she inevitably ends up navigating to a future show and trying to watch it as if it were live.

What you are not considering is how the app is actually engineered, which is understandable as we develop the app and you do not. Applications have a view hierarchy and certain assumptions are made. One assumption in Channels is that there is a navigation area and a content area. This is core to the app and not something that we can just change. It's something that would affect the entire way the app is engineered. So without going into engineering details, I would like you to just trust us.

If this is an issue for her, then yes, it sounds like you'll need to find another software solution for her watching TV. But this is just not something we'll be doing.

1 Like

I got you. you would like to setup a simple Interface which would startup on the guide or livetv with no sidebar at all. The only Sofware I know that is that simple is The HDHomeRun.

1 Like

Sounds like Channels and a streaming box setup is not the best fit for some one like her. And
My elderly grandparents would never be able to figure Channels out, even if they dumbed it down like you want. Forget any sort of streaming box.
They have Comcast X1 thing with voice remote. They been able to press the Voice button on the remote and tell the box what channel or show etc. That works for them. They also manage the X1 interface and simple channel up down or number buttons on the Xfinity remote fine.

TLDR. Modern DVR software and streaming boxes solutions like Channels, are more for younger more tech savyish people.
Edit. As Edwin_Perez mentioned, the only other option for "simple" is the HDHR app.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this explanation. I really appreciate it. I’m one of your biggest fans and this interaction is precisely one of the reasons why.

App Arrow or down Arrow brings up the on-screen guide but only works with HDHomeRun tuners no M3U etc....

1 Like