Setup for a web stream as source

Hello all

I have a local cable access channel that has a 24/7 Live stream via direct url. You go to their address, and it auto plays. There is no login required and it is not an OTA broadcast station. I do not carry cable any more so I’ve lost this one channel.

1: I’d like to see if I can get channels dvr to recognize this live web stream. I tried adding the source as a camera using an M3u file but couldn’t get it to work. It may be the format of my text m3u file, but I’m not sure. Is there an easier way to do this?

2: if I could get the live stream, I’d like to be able to record a program on this channel. I’d have to manually create a pass to record this stream at such and such a time, for a fixed duration. I doubt there is an easy way to get the EPG data, so it would have to be a manual entry. Is this possible?

Best

No. Presently putting the stream you want as an entry in an M3U playlist is the only way.

Possible, yes. But not necessarily easy; there are several threads about how to create a manual recording, but there is no native interface for it.