Shield audio issues with TVE

A weird audio problem has suddenly cropped up but I'm going to throw it out there in case:

When recording Bravo from Sling over TVE the audio is cutting in and out constantly throughout every recording. This only seems to occur on Bravo / Sling and I believe it started after Sling upgraded their app. OTA Recordings from HDHomerun are fine

Any ideas? The recordings are unwatchable because of this for the past two weeks.

More info on this problem:

I upgraded to 9.0.2 and the DVR is working fine - except on Bravo.
After I upgraded I recorded a show on Bravo and same issue.
The audio goes in and out about every second - on / off / on /off constantly for the entire duration of the recording.

Upon further troubleshooting I watched a Bravo show live just now and SAME PROBLEM! - Stuttering audio.

Every other channel is fine and if I watch the same program on Sling directly the audio IS FINE! At this point I am at a loss. Channels is somehow miscoding the audio only (video is okay) only from Bravo via TVE.

Desperate to fix this since my wife records a bunch of Bravo shows.

Bravo is just having problems their stream appears bad .. I have the same problem on my FireTV through XFINITY TVE.

I have no problem with East coast feed just the west coast feed.

It's been two weeks so I'm not sure that's it.

I just logged onto Bravo through NBC and TVE and the live stream audio there is fine - no problems. But when I try to watch live or record througn Channels the audio drops out constantly.

That would seem to me to prove it's a Channels issue

I just logged into Bravo's site to stream live from there, and am encountering the same audio issues described. This to me indicates a problem with the feed coming from Bravo, not Channels.

1 Like

Weird - because when I log into NBC's site and select Bravo the live feed from there is great - no problems at all. I even was able to watch an episode that I recoded and was bad on Channels.

And I've tried both feeds BravoHD and Bravo Pacific.

Don't understand this.

UPDATE

After further troubleshooting and adjusting my channel settings I found you guys were right - the problem in on the Bravo Pacific feed only. When I switched all my passes to the BravoHD feed (East coast) the audio was fine.

It's hard to believe Bravo hasn't fixed this after two weeks but there it is.

Thanks for the input!

1 Like