Shield EXP 8.0.2 + Channels DVR

Channels DVR app can now store recorded content on NAS.

Great for underpower NAS owners that also have a Shield.

Just an FYI ... I tested this and it woks.

2 Likes

I have been running channels on surface pro 3, thinking about installing on shield 2017 with WD NAS attached. How do u think it would run compared to surface?

The Shield has great Hardware decoding and encoding.... I have been testing it all day and was even able to watch livetv while recording and running Comskip. You just have to mount the NAS to the Shield with an account that has read write access.

I thought this meant the native ATV "Channels" app that is on the stock rom.....lol.

Thanks for this post! Been waiting for this to happen. Now I can switch back to my NAS for storage.

Edwin, are you saying thay you were able to to record directly to your NAS (i.e. over the network vice locally connected) or that you can move your recorded content to the NAS? I'm trying to find info on how to record directly to my NAS over the network. Network is 2.5Gb and traffic shouldn't be an issue if there is a way to do it.

You can mount the nas on your Shield. Then you should be able to write to it.

you're a lifesaver. I was trying to use the three dots to select the folder and it wasn't listed. typing in the path directly worked like a charm.