Shield Flirc wierdness help please (not a Channels problem)

I have 3 Nvidia Shields TVs as my clients. 2 are 2015 and 1 is a 2017. All use a Flirc and an Inteset 422 IR remote for control. The Flircs are all programmed with the exact same file as are the Intesets . All Shields are on build RQ1A.210105.003.7825230_3167.5736 and Android TV version 9.1.1(33.2.0.157).

They all work, but on both 2015 Shields the remote/Flirc combo firstly seems much quicker to respond, and also respond to press and hold. So if I hold the down button in guide it moves down the guide quickly. The 2017 however only ever moves one line at a time and generally the response to remote button presses is more sluggish occasionally missing a button press altogether. I figured there must be something different in the remote and/or Flirc. But if I move the Flirc/remote combo from one of the other Shields over to the 2017 I still get the same behaviour and press and hold does nothing. So that had to mean it was something in the 2017 Shields settings somewhere didn't it? But, if I connect a physical keyboard to the 2017 and press and hold the down button on that, it repeats perfectly, which seems to blow that theory out of the water.

It seems to defy logic and I have run out of ideas. Can anyone suggest anything to try?

Update in case anyone else has a similar problem and finds this thread. Turns out the issue is with some of our TVs.

It still seem bizarre and unexplainable to me but I have discovered, by moving stuff from one TV to another, that with the exact same input setup (Shield/Flirc/Remote/USB cable/HDMI cable/Power Supply/Location) it works fine on 2 of our TVs (Newish Samsung and old Sony) but not as well on 2 old Panasonics we have.

The difference is only how well it responds to a remote long press for either quick scrolling in menus or long press for additional options (like moving app icons on the Shield home page), and I have absolutely no idea what exactly is causing it. but it is now 100% repeatable. Connect the Sony to the gear and it works fine, connect either Panasonic to the exact same gear in the same room and long press doesn't get actioned.