SHIELD Playback problem (Latest beta update v2023.01.05.0043)

Okay please play it on stable, submit diagnostics (Settings > Support > Submit > Video)

Then do the same on beta

1 Like

Okay, just submitted both!

1 Like

Thanks for the diagnostics. A new beta build is uploading now with a fix.

2 Likes

Been having all kinds of playback issues the last couple days on my onn 4k box and pixel 7 pro both remotely and on local LAN. i mostly watch ATSC3 channels from my HDHR. Takes a LONG time to tune the channel and when it finally does there is no sound?!?!

Just updated to 2023.01.06.0123 server.

Channels version on the Pixel 7 is 4.5.1.

Toggled between hardware and software decoding on the Pixel 7. Still doesn't work.

v4.5.1 was released a while ago and has not changed. It sounds like something changed with your ATSC3 towers or signal. Is your HDHR firmware up to date? Can you watch on the official HDHR app

The latest HDHR firmware is dated Dec5 which was pushed out to my 2 tuners on the 6th or 7th of Dec. Worked fine before it and after it up until yesterday or possibly the day before. I just got home and tried the HDHR app on Windows. The stations seem to play back fine with it. On the Pixel 7 Pro they seem to now tune/play fine when on the LAN however when I switch to LTE (T-Mobile) all the ATSC3 stations do not play. After about 30 seconds the image (frozen) appears, there's no sound and there's a spinning circle. If I tune any of the ATSC1 stations, they all play back with sound but there's a buffering issue. Only plays about 3 seconds at a time.

It's almost as if T-Mobile all of a sudden is throttling the Channels DVR content -or- my IP which Channels DVR is located?????

Submit diagnostics after the issue happens

1 Like

We've released a new pre-release update that may solve your problem. Please let us know.

1 Like

This fixed my issue. Thanks!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Live TV Keyboard Shortcut Causing App Restart on Shield

Favor to ask... Is is possible to add Playback - - > Advanced - - >Video Decoder options to enforce on all clients?

1 Like

Thank you! Confirmed the new beta release fixed mpeg2 playback on my phone.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.