Shield TV (2019) DVR Version 1.1.3

Good afternoon. This morning I updated the DVR on my 2019 Shield TV and now the DVR won't start. I had been using the beta DVR, but without thinking did all the updates this morning on the Shield TV itself. All of my recordings are on the drive accessible using Windows 10 file explorer.

I have had this setup running without any problems since around March of 2018, just a shout out to the developers for this awesome product.

Since the DVR is not running, I can't access the DVR at 192.168.1.205:8089 to try and fix it myself.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Rockie

Hmm. Can you screenshot what's shown when you open DVR Server app on the shield?

Here are screenshots of the app and the app settings

It seemed when I was pressing and holding the "enter" button, the server started with an IP address, etc, but by the time I opened the Channels app, it had stopped. That method did not work again

I was able to track down the issue and have uploaded 1.1.4 to the Play Store.

Thank you for your quick response as always. I will download it and let you know!

I now have 2 DVR's installed on the Shield TV. One called DVR Server - Version 1.1.3 (same as before) and the other is called Channels DVR - Version 2.1.24.beta-v105272043 (see attached screenshots)
DVR Server still will not start. Channels DVR is looking for a DVR to connect to and can't find one (see screenshot as well)

If I remove both of them will my data in the Samsung SSD folder NVIDIA_SHIELD be deleted, or do I need to back that whole folder up? The Samsung SSD is not mounted as internal.

I think it got stuck in review but is going out now. I'm waiting to see it say 1.1.4 on https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.getchannels.dvr

Looks like I jumped the gun!

Google is deciding to take its sweet time with this new version :frowning:

I've uploaded the APK here: https://channels-dvr.s3.amazonaws.com/android/ChannelsDVR.apk

Do you know how to sideload it?

Yes, that will be no problem. I will let you know the outcome.

Installed and working perfectly! Thank you for your help and there is 1 hour to spare before the DVR has work to do. :grinning:

1 Like

1.1.4 is live on the Play Store now!

Question if we have it working is there value to updating to 1.1.4? What’s changed in the app? Should I be popping in and updating the server app often? I’ve been doing the web based updates which is easy and great but I’m running the DVR app headless so would be nice to know if there is anything of value in there if someone has it running (like optimized connectors to the hardware or something)

No urgent reason to update on the SHIELD. Recent changes have been to support other devices.

• IMPROVED: Crash reporting
  • FIXED: Crashes on some devices

• IMPROVED: Support for saving recordings to external removable storage on more devices
  • FIXED: Server would fail to start after reboot if installed on external device storage

Cool thanks!