Shield - where to install app

Hi all, apologies if this has been asked before but where is the best place to store the Channels live TV app.
If I understand correctly wherever it is stored is where the live TV is written to so that it can be paused/rewound etc. My DVR server is on a Synology drive on the network.
If I attach an SSD via USB then eventually it will kill it due to the read/write cycles.
A physical drive on USB will last much longer but makes the UI a bit laggy and I hear the constant spinning up and down of the drive.
Is it best just to leave it on the Shield’s internal storage? What are you guys installing it on on the Shield?

I have used SSD for many years, and it has not worn out. Even in use in DVRs' and NVR's.

Install it where you want. Internal storage is fine. If you intend to pause live tv for long periods of time, it may be beneficial to you to have it installed on larger external storage.

Thanks. I’ve had numerous USB sticks and SD cards die from actually pretty light usage so I was assuming that an SSD would suffer the same fate, just quicker as it’s constantly writing.

Use high quality ssds and sd cards/usb sticks. Like Samsung. Stay away from Sandisk, imo.

1 Like