Shows not recorded but list as they had

New Apple TV 4k, DVR set up on a Mac Mini with an 1.5TB external hard drive for capturing the recordings, High Sierra, two Dual HDHomeruns, all connected via hardline ethernet, not wifi. I'm about to reboot the Mini, too.

So a weird thing happened tonight. All the shows I had scheduled to record didn't, but they show up in the "Recordings" as if they had. When I try to play them, there is nothing but a black screen. I rebooted just in case and now the remaining shows I had scheduled are not recording. I setup a new recording for the news at 11pm just to see if I had a bad batch of schedules.

I'm new to Channels so I am not really sure how to troubleshoot this. There are a lot of parts that I can at least keep hidden from my wife so she doesn't get overwhelmed. :slight_smile:

Joe

Okay. Rebooted MacMini. Apparently there was a hard drive issue. The recordings were there, but I am not sure when the hard drive bailed on me. I'm about to find out! the 8pm shows seem fine. I'll check out the 9pm shows in about 40 minutes!
Joe

On the DVR web UI, click on Log at the top right and see if there are errors shown from when the recordings were happening.

This is the first and most frequent error:

2019/02/12 21:54:50 [ERR] Failed to start stream on channel 11.1 via 103800BC: unable to lock tuner: ERROR: resource locked by 192.168.1.75 (0)

And there were a few "resource busy".

The time line matches when the recordings I still have stopped recording.

Joe

This error is coming from the hdhomerun saying that the tuners are busy. Do you have other programs recording also? Or TVs watching live?

What model hdhomerun?

Ah! I was watching live TV, too. But my hard drive wigged out, too. All the 9pm recordings cut out at about 9:50-ish and none of the 10pm schedules executed. I rebooted the Mini and the hard drive did not mount at first saying it was unreadable. I turned the HDD off an back on and it mounted and checked fine. Rebooted again and everything was fine.

Joe