Silicon Dust EPG not working with latest update NZ

With the latest update the silicon dust epg is not working.

It's shows To be advised our to be announced as well as shows stating confidential? Top shelf showing the same as well.

Using the latest tvOS with the latest update for channels and latest firmware for hdhomerun.

I'm in NZ.

Does it look the same in the official HDHR app?

it’s seemed to work itself out. was checking everyday refreshing and rebooting and its fine now?

1 Like

Missing all EPG info for NZ, on all our ATVs for a few days now. Also missing on OSX HDHR app.

On Now just has the channel names, and Guide says “Unknown” for everything.

Pretty annoying, as we’re back to the dark ages of channel surfing to find what’s on.

The only thing that’s changed is our router blew up recently, and we have a crappy new one temporarily, but everything else in the house is fine so I don’t think that’s the cause.

I’ve rescanned the channels, but that didn’t solve anything.

[edit]
Hardware Model HDHR4-2DT
Firmware Version 20170930 upgraded to 20180327
ATV 4 & 4K, TVOS 11.3

This can happen if your HDHR does not have access to the internet. You can check to see if it shows up on http://my.hdhomerun.com, and you can also check the System Log link on the tuner’s IP address to see if it is showing internet connection errors.

Right, I now have no idea what’s going on.

http://my.hdhomerun.com/ showed no tuner when I visited it, so I hit the tuner’s IP address in my browser to check the logs, didn’t see anything of note (just a reference to the firmware upgrade I did yesterday), and reloaded http://my.hdhomerun.com/ - at which point my tuner showed up.

Checking the ATV Channels app, I now have all the guide info present.

The tuner has had the same IP address on the same network all along, and should have been able to access the internet the whole time.

It’s great that it’s working now, but I have no idea what broke it, or what fixed it (I work in IT so I like to know that things are fixed for good).

Any ideas, so I can potentially avoid this happening next time? It’s a real pain not having a guide.

Cheers.

That’s pretty weird. I’m surprised the HDHR log didn’t say anything about it either.

Basically the HDHR submits its list of channels to SD’s servers once a day, and SD uses that to provide guide data. A channel scan or a HDHR reboot should fix the sync if it happens again.

Does a channel scan or reboot cause it to immediately try and fetch EPG info, or would it be scheduled for later in the day?

If it’s scheduled for later, then this makes slightly more sense, although not the part where it was missing from my.hdhomerun.com.

I tried to scan and reboot when I initially had problems and it only sorted itself out a couple of days later. I’m wondering if the problem is/was on SD server side.

You can force the app to refetch the guide data by going to the Settings tab, click and hold your HDHR, and select Refresh Device. You can also restart the app by clicking TV/Home twice and swiping up.

Awesome - that’s good to know, thanks.

Tried all those initially when I had the problem @tmm1 and none of that worked. Didn’t update till 2 days later properly.

Well clearly something was wrong with SD’s guide server then. As always, you can open the official HDHR app on iOS or macOS to see if it shows guide data or not.