Siri remote functionality

I am new to Channels DVR and using an Apple TV 4K for playback. I noticed a comment in the feature description for Beta 4 that you are adding a lot of features with gestures. The Apple TV user base I think is split about 50/50 on the love/hate of the Siri remote. Our family is on the "hate" side (that is probably a bit harsh, but the Siri remote stays in a drawer most of the time and we use a cheap universal remote as our daily driver). When implementing new gestures, please do not make any "essential" functions requiring gestures. If you did, then we'd not be able to use Channels any longer. As an example, Philo has unfortunately used a down swipe to get to some key things like enabling/disabling closed captions. They could have just as easily made it a down arrow, which would work with any universal remote. Its fine to have bells and whistles kind of things based on proprietary remote features, but things you have to be able to get to in order to have a good experience ... please try to make them universal remote capable. Thanks.

Thanks! There’s no functionality available only from gestures. We’re sure to make sure everything works on regular remotes too.

The gestures mentioned were for iOS.

1 Like

Ah, makes sense.