Siri Shortcuts not seeing the channels

I am trying to create a Shortcut that goes to the Channels app and then changes to a specific channel. If I click the “channels” option in Watch action it shows a dialog that should allow me to select a channel to be used. The problem is that the list is totally empty and a search does not return anything. Is there something that I am missing?

try opening the channels app, and then trying again.

Every time the app opens, it should be populating channels and content to be available while creating shortcut actions.

Thanks Maddox, nope, didn't work. Still says "No options available".

Just checked again, under iOS 17 now, and still not working find any channels for us in Shortcuts.

Can anyone else confirm?
Any other ideas on what needs to be done?

Same problem here. Frustrating since I would love to have this feature working.

Could you guys show some screenshots of what you’re seeing?

Check Channels system settings:

I’m confused. It’s showing channels right in your screenshot.

Followed the instructions and still no channels for me. Here is what I see.

In Shortcuts, for the Shortcut that I am trying to create:

Go into the Channels from Watch and this is what I see.

Very weird, can you please submit diagnostics from the Channels app.

The only difference I can see is that SOX has enabled Cellular. On my phone Cellular is not an option, and in the Cellular area of the Settings the Channels app does not appear for enabling. this has me wondering if there is something else going on with the app install.

I have submitted diagnostics. Now I am going to delete the app and history from my phone and do a re-install.

Here is something that might be a clue. There are two Channels apps in the App Store. One for HDHomerun (which I use), and one that connects to a backend PC/NAS that has Channels DVR Server running. Given that I don't have he Server version, is this a functionality that is only available with the Server?

Uninstall and re-install of Channels for HDHomeRun didn't change anything.

Please remember that you need to open the Channels app at least once, that you will be using for the shortcut action. The app you use, matters.

Open the app, ensure you see channels, and then open the Shorcuts app to create your shortcut using the action.

The way the app does it, is that when the app loads channels, it writes them to a place that can be delivered as options for the Shortcut action.

Yes, I did open the Channels app. The screen shots from earlier were were taken in succession of what I did. No difference no matter how many times I try. Sort of the definition of insanity.

Please submit diagnostics from your app and post in here once you have.

I did that earlier (also noted earlier).

Please provide the DeviceID of your HDHomeRun.

Non dvr users have no identifying information so it’s hard to find diagnostics. Using your HDHomeRun will work though.

1067B54C Connect Duo

Looks like a new update came out on the Apple TV as I now see menu options for recordings and other functions that are likely DVR version. After seeing the options I checked the Shortcuts app and now can see the channels in Shortcuts.