Siri shortcuts

I have the channels client installed on 3 Apple TVs in 3 separate rooms with the server running in a 4th room.

In the general settings I’ve set each of the display names to family bedroom and I think the 3rd still says Apple TV.

On the server side I can see these unique display names but when I use the shortcut command ‘watch channel on other device’ only 2 devices are in the list and they’re both called bedroom.

Any ideas why there’s only 2 devices and not 3 and why the 2 both have the same name?

Thanks

Because apps don’t run in the background on tvOS and iOS, the only time Channels can collect and populate the available clients, is when the iOS app is open.

When it’s open it can see other tv Channels clients and saves them for later.

It’s quite possible the Channels app was never running when you had the app open on your iPhone. So be sure to do this, to make sure it’s loaded and saved in there as an option.

The other thing you can do, is try clearing out all the apps it is keeping track of. You can do this in Settings > Support > Remove Clients for Shortcuts

Try removing them all and see if this helps.

1 Like

Still doesn’t work. It’s ok I can do without Siri to set a channel I just thought I’d try it since it was a feature in the app