Skip recording behavior?

Quick question about the Skip behavior on a scheduled recording. The other night, I noticed that I had 5 passes scheduled to record at 8 PM, not knowing if there was any conflict resolution and knowing that I only have 4 tuners, I chose to “skip” one of those shows. I made an assumption that since I know it aired the same episode again at 11 PM and that one still showed as “queued”, that might be record that one instead since I “skipped” the 8 PM airing. It wound up recording neither.

Only going as a point of comparison, I know that when I had run into a previous case like that with Plex, it would record the next airing, but Channels doesn’t seem to work that way.

How is it suppose to work would be my first question, and secondly, I know it would require more smarts but would love to see some of that handled automatically or at least tell me that I won’t have any free tuners at that time so I can take manual intervention. I find the listings in the recording schedule confusing where a bunch of the same shows show up as queued but I don’t know which one is really going to record especially if some are new and some are reruns. Thanks!!