Skipping forward/backward UI in Vue

I’m not suggesting Channels should do this - I just thought it was somewhat unique, and thought I’d post it just as food for thought.

On PS Vue, when watching a recording, I was initially annoyed that the click forward/back on the trackpad would only skip 10 seconds, instead of the usual 30s forward that almost everyone else seems to do. Especially since it sometimes takes a few seconds to buffer, so doing that every 10 seconds makes for a painful skip process.

After a few weeks, I discovered that if you quickly double-click, or triple click, or otherwise multi-click, it will skip 10s for every time you clicked. You see on-screen the skip time counting upwards, then when you stop clicking it seeks to that point. So if you click-click-click-click, you’ll see the screen go 10-20-30-40, then it will seek ahead 40s. Skipping 2 minutes ahead just takes 12 quick clicks, then a single seek occurs.

Not sure this is better, exactly, than just a 30s seek per click - I would lean towards not. But I think the interesting part is the idea of multiple operations with the trackpad (e.g. multiple clicks, swipes etc) to control how the single resulting seek will occur.

A commercial is exactly 30 seconds long. So the 30-second skip is perfect if comskip was not used or didn’t correctly mark the segment. And Channels doesn’t have a buffering delay on the ATV so I can’t think of a good reason to have that functionality.

Multiple clicks are supposed to queue up, but I’m not sure if that is always working as expected. Either way, the UI could be a lot better about indicating the queued up state. Right now it kind of just hangs and eventually the cursor jumps forwards…