Skipping recordings due to 'wrong' channel choice

Some existing passes stopped recording shows within the last week or so. Looks like the 'skipped' passes are trying to record from an adjacent market, and then skipping the local market because it was already started. Seems very random and not network specific, for example within NBC some shows target DC, some target Baltimore. Same with other networks. For a few shows airing at offset times it queues both networks. Tried deleting and re-adding the DVR market, no change.

I need to fix before it skips more weekly series.

01%20PM

Add the channel to the season pass. This is available when creating or editing the pass in the browser UI. It’s less (or not) available on other clients. At some point, I hope the devs make this easier.

Thanks. This helped with some, but not all issues. For example it doesn't do anything for the screenshot above, because there's no option to select channel. I'm not sure why this suddenly broke.

Are you stating that, when editing a season pass in the web UI (not AppleTV, iOS or Android), you don’t see a channel field? If so, please post a screenshot. If not, what do you mean? Your screenshot is of the log. Yes, there is no option on a screen displaying the log. You have to edit the pass.

As to why this can start happening suddenly–the HDHR periodically does channel scans. It can pick up new (usually fringe) channels at any time.

OK, one more thing. Channels will favor favorite channels. As such, you should favorite your locals. If you had already done that when this occurred, that would be a bug.

It is not clear to me that favoriting a channel will always work. For example, if a non-favorite channel has the episode on earlier, will channels wait for the favorite channel airing? I don’t know the answer. I play it safe and fill in a channel (when I remember).

Sorry, the missing channel selector was in the scheduled recording, not season pass.

I already had the local channels favorited, that doesn't seem to matter here, it's picking channels I don't actually receive over favorites.