Sling Freestream for Channels

We can start this topic for newly announced Sling Freestream Streaming TV service. More details at Sling Freestream | Watch Free Live TV, Movies, and News

Please check if we can extract custom .m3u playlist for this service. Thanks
https://www.sling.com/freestream

2 Likes

This would be great if we could get these Sling Freestream channels in the Channels app.

I signed up for the sling free, and added it through the tve regular settings, with the email and password for,the sling app, and I have 79 relatively worthless channels from sling free.. woohoo

2 Likes

Are they channel 6700 - 6992? If so those channels are included with every TVE source addition. This is useful for those who don't have a TV provider as they could sign up for sling-free and gain access to them.

Yes, that is the range the 79 channels are in

From what I could tell at first glance, it seems like most of that content is ad-supported VOD and regurgitated Pluto streams

1 Like

one way around the issue would be to create a way for channels to connect to Stremium. Apparently it is possible but I think someone at Stemium has an inside connection with Sling and was able to get to where they can get playlists and support direct access to the service itself. I'm unsure if the streams on sling have DRM but based on the other stuff Stremium is doing, they go pretty deep in to services to grag streams.

2 Likes

Not likely to be possible. The streams are delivered using MPEG-DASH in the .m4s file format, and they look to be DRM protected. As far as I know, Channels does not support MPEG-DASH and definitely does not support DRM.

4 Likes

Thankfully, Most of the free channels being offered are available elsewhere.

1 Like