Sling TV available channels

I just started experimenting with ChannelsDVR since SlingTV local channel support is so awful (AirTV2 never records local channels!)

I added my Sling TV account to the lineup but noticed many major channels are missing. Is this normal?

Yes, this is normal for Sling. TVE support is almost at zero.

1 Like

Yep. SlingTV does not have many channels with TVE support. If it did, I would probably be a year-round Sling subscriber. Search the threads here and there is also an “available TVE channels by provider” lookup in the Channels docs.

I also have an AirTV2 and, while it is not the best OTA tuner out there, I don’t have problems recording with it. What issues are you running into?

My AirTV2 does not recognize the attached drive for recording OTA broadcasts. I have reinstalled the account many times, replaced drive, etc. I will record a few times and then you can no longer access it. Not even to delete a recording. Nothing! Of course, Slings support is atrocious.

Yeah, I don't disagree on the support experience from Sling. I wonder if it is a hardware issue with the AirTV2 itself? For what it's worth: I use a WD 2TB Elements portable drive and have not run into the same issues that you have.

Do you know how to add local OTA channels to the Custom Channel lineup? So as to eliminate the AirTV or HDHomerun device? Like local NBC, ABC, CBS affiliates?

Hdhomerun is the only way to get all, plus the PQ snd sound quality is a lot better. I have Sling blue plus the total TV and use my parents Xfinity credentials for the channels Sling doesn't have TV access for.

I had sling for a month woth theor airtv anywhere. Had the same problem. Worked great for a couple.of days then stopped recognizing the drive in it. Customer support was horrible. Will never use aling again. Just my opinion and experience.