Sling TV Channels

Same on both Sling and my parents Spectrum account...

I had posted elsewhere the only access that I get in Channels with Sling Blue + Orange: MSNBC, USA, SYFY, BRAVO, OXYGEN, National Georgraphic East and West, FX East and West. That's it. My understanding is the different level of permissions to TVE that providers pay for and it may depend on how the provider uses it. I believe Xfinity uses TVE to feed it's own app. Sling does not. Philo has a long list which is nice. I'd love to see a string on this site of all active stations by source that users like us could post, basically "Supported TVE by provider as of 12/15/2020", and list Sling, Philo, Xfinity, Spectrum, Vidgo, Youtube TV, Hulu Live, etc. I can never find a definitive answer in one place. Also, I saw Stremium mentioned on this string but with them you need to watch out, they've been forced to remove providers in the past.

I think you guys are lucky to get any TVE channels at all with Sling. I just signed up for Sling Orange specifically because I wanted ESPN (and because Hulu TVE stopped working a week or so back) and I don't get any TVE channels at all, with the exception of the 6700+ ones. I can go to ESPN's site and use my Sling login and have access to their streams there, but no luck at all through Channels. I just get "notAuthorized" for everything.

Edit:. After trying many times, eventually ESPN and ESPN2 finally work with Sling Orange. But those are the only two channels working on TVE. But to be fair I only expected those and Disney, so it's not bad.

Thanks to everyone who responded.
It sounds like Channels is not for me just yet. I'm kinda bummed.
I will check back in 6 months or so in case something has changed.

So I have Fubo, Xfinity (Comcast), and Directv and Fox is spotty then. What I think the OP needs to understand is that TVE does not mean every channel will work for the live stream. I have seen channels like Paramount work for one provider but not another. It’s whatever the provider has in terms of a deal set up with the network.

1 Like

I get Fox News and Fox Business on my Channels DVR as part of the Vidgo's current $10 special (as of 12/18/2020). No obligation. Hey for ten bucks a month for two months, there's a lot of working TVE using Vidgo for the Channels DVR. Maybe I'll keep them after the special, maybe not.