Sling TV Channels

I read the review of Channels DVR over on TechHive and got interested. I came to Channels DVR website and got very excited. I set up the Channels DVR on my Qnap system. I installed the app on my Google TV and I signed up for the Channels Plus subscription.

Then I tried to use SlingTV for an input and things started going bad. For whatever reason, many of the SlingTV channels are "unavailable" to Channels. One in particular is Fox News. On SlingTV's site, they say if I can use my Sling credentials to sign into Fox News on the web and in the FN app, then I should be able to get this channel thru TV Everywhere. I was able to sign in to Fox News as they described but for some reason the TV Everywhere feature in Channels says "not Authorized: You do not have full subscriptions to view the requested content. Please upgrade your programming then log back in to view content."

Having read some threads on this forum, it seems like SlingTV is to blame for Fox News (and others) not appearing in Channels. However, as I described above, I can use my Sling credentials to view this channel outside of SlingTV. So who is at fault? SlingTV or Channels DVR?

At any rate, I am posting this in the hopes that I have overlooked something and there is a "thing" I can do to make it work. Can anyone help? Otherwise, Channels is a nice idea but not quite nice enough.

So it works on fox.com/live with your sling login?

Yes.

Not seeing Sling as a provider

Sling TV shows up for me on fox.com/live.

When I go to www.fox.com/live I see a button on the top right labeled: "TV Provider Sign In". When I click it I see this:

So I click on "See All Providers". Then I see this:

I search for: Sling TV

From there I can log in.

Ok. But does it play the Fox news feed live?

I know just wasn't sure if it also gives you access to Fox news. Seems weird you can't watch at Fox news direct.

Yes. I can watch the live feed for Fox News.

When I go there I get one hour of a preview pass.

I don't have the preview pass. I get full access. I don't normally use the web interface, so I just left it running for a couple of hours to see, just in case it really was running on a 1 hour preview. But it just kept going and going and going.

But back to my original question (slightly rephrased)...
Does anyone use SlingTV and Channels DVR? If so, do you have missing channels like me or is there some "thing" I should do to get the missing channels. Fox News is just one example.

Sling TV is known to have very poor TVE support. If you’re open to other options a lot of people like FILO, if you don’t need live sports. I have TVE with my cable company because I’m a sports person and they have very good TVE support.

There are only 2 or 3 channels I watch. The wife has 2 or 3 that she watches that are different from mine. So really, there just isn't that much we watch on TV. The only service we found that has all of the channels that we watch is SlingTV. Filo, which I think is a very good service, doesn't carry all of the channels we want.

Other people in other threads have said the same as you. Namely that Sling has poor TVE support.
If that truly is the case, I may have to wait on using this service until Sling, TVE, Channels, or somebody can support more channels. As I said before, Fox News is one, but not the only one that is not supported by Channels (or TVE or Sling).

Sling TV here, FNC 6073, authorized and working for me.

Doesn't sling have different types of plans (Orange, blue, etc)

Yes, I have Sling blue with Total TV. Fox News is part of the base Blue.

I don't get fox news for some reason too like the OP with Sling blue service. I found this thread looking for a way to add it manually? It does work on the Fox news site, Sling app and even on Stremium. This channel certainly isn't a deal breaker but I still wish it worked.

What did you do to get Fox News working?

Went to the guide and selected it. I never watch it, I did notice on the Fox site wouldn't stream the live channel until I allowed GEO location. I wonder if they have a east and west feed.

It doesn't show up in my guide. I can see it in the Channels DVR app on the server, but it's greyed out and says I'm not authorized. How did you get it to appear on the guide?