Slow tuning of H264 channels

I can confirm I’m seeing this as well. Not a big deal but something I have noticed recently (past week)

This should be fixed in the latest tvOS TestFlight beta. LMK if it helps.

No difference here. With Tuner Sharing off, it tunes as fast as it did before with Tuner Sharing on.

Huh? So how long does it take to tune a channel on the latest testflight build?

No change here. It takes about 6-7 seconds to tune an H.264 channel and 7-8 seconds to tune an MPEG2 channel.

I see. You’re saying TunerSharing=On makes it slow.

Wow I don’t see anything that slow here. But I did find an issue that’s making tuner sharing slower than it should be.

Yes

I’ve done lots of updates recently: tvOS 11.1b2, HDHR firmware updates, Channels beta updates. Maybe it’s some combination of the 3 that’s introduced the issue? But before the last week or so, tuning a channel was maybe 1-2 seconds.

I’ve also noticed I’m significantly behind ‘live’ TV. If I switch on a separate TV connected directly to an aerial to compare, I can tell that Channels is behind. Before that last week or so, that lag was about 1-2 seconds; it’s now about 10 seconds.

The wife isn’t very happy about the delay, and the play/record menu wasn’t well received either. Glad to see the menu has gone, but still getting grief about the delay. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mine seems to tune in about .5 seconds or something ridiculously fast on the Apple TV 4K.

I found the recent change which is making tuning slower when going through the DVR. I’ll push out a new DVR build with a fix tonight.

1 Like

DVR v2017.10.13.0017 is available with the fix.

1 Like

That fixed it for me!

1 Like

I’m sorry I’m new here, but I logged into the DVR and it says
Waiting to upgrade to 2017.10.13.0017… how do I get force the update??

never mind! I just stopped the package on my Synology and restarted it and now its back to being fast! that seemed to have fixed it for it, thanks again!

1 Like

The DVR update fixed it for me too. Thanks!

1 Like

Fixed here too. You need to learn to get on these issues more quickly lol.

You guys are the best!!! Keep up the good work

1 Like