Smart playlists with collections?

Would it be possible to add the ability to create smart playlist or channel rules that are based on collections? For instance, if content is part of a collection or not? It would make it a lot easier to include specific shows as part of a playlist, and manage what is in or out of that playlist via collection status. Especially since I can edit collections from the client apps.

This doesn’t make much sense since playlists are separate things, that sort of accomplish similar things.

You may want to instead look into using Labels. Label your content, base your collection on rules using those labels, then you can base your playlists on those labels too.

Labels are super powerful as they’re a single way to tag content that can be used for a lot of rule based things.

Ooh I did not know about labels thank you! I think that would mostly solve my use case.

I guess the big drawback for me is that collections are editable in the client apps whereas labels are not. The phone app is perfectly cromulent for doing this but it’s a lot nicer if I could add or remove labels from the app, especially the Apple TV app.

So, new feature request: expose labels and let me edit them in the client apps. :slight_smile: