So how well does the tvOS app work for you guys?

I've been using an Nvidia Shield TV up until now. But the new 4K TV I bought just doesn't play well with it so I'm giving up on that. That leaves me with 2 choices if I want to connect to the TV:

1. Apple TV 4K
  2. Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K

The ATV 4K is more than 3 times the cost of the Amazon stick, but based on browsing the forum posts the Amazon stick is not really ready for prime time.

BTW, I'm not interested in using the Apple TV 4K as a DVR server. I already have a device in place for that function.

I love my Atv4k. I have the older one as well. The family needs the device to be simple and solid, and seeing Nvidias and fireTvs alongside the ATV made the choice easy for me. I’d rather pay more for a solid performer than spending money on a graveyard of devices.

A graveyard of devices :laughing: so true...

Yep, I have two ATV4Ks and whilst they are more expensive, in my house, they are worth the price. For stability, performance, ease of use etc, I don't think they can be beaten. Tried the FTV4K stick and sent it back within 24 hours.

Same here,

Atv4k with Channels is the 1st set of apps that pass the Waf "Wife Acceptance Factor" so well we will be cutting the cord in January. Firestick never could live up to this setup.

With wired Ethernet my Apple TVs perform flawlessly. It’s screaming fast and super high quality. Love it. Just added a third to the household.