[Solved] Unraid Docker not using configured recordings mount

I have been using this configuration for some time in Unraid. Recently I received notice from unraid that my cache disk was getting full. Upon inspection, I found that Channels-DVR was recording to the channels-dvr appdata folder instead of the configured mount, which mounts an "Unassigned Devices" disk.

I have tried mounting into /shares as well as /shares/DVR (I have found examples using both).

The channels-dvr.log on startup logs:
[DVR] Recording engine started in /channels-dvr (which I assume proves that it is recording to that volume).
However, the logs don't state why it isn't using /shares or /shares/DVR instead.

Does anyone know? I emailed support, and they suggested that I ask here for help.

Here is the docker run command:

docker run
  -d
  --name='channelsdvr_intel'
  --net='host'
  -e TZ="America/New_York"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="Homeserver"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="channelsdvr_intel"
  -e 'TCP_PORT_8089'='8089'
  -e 'PUID'='99'
  -e 'PGID'='100'
  -e 'TZ'='America/New_York'
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman
  -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:8089]'
  -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://github.com/timstephens24/docker-templates/raw/master/img/channels-logo.png'
  -v '/mnt/disks/nvr1/channels':'/shares/DVR':'rw,slave'
  -v '/mnt/user/appdata/channels-dvr':'/channels-dvr':'rw'
  --device=/dev/dri 'fancybits/channels-dvr:tve'

No clue but this is what my Unraid config looks like. Not sure if it will help.

I turned on privileged mode (although you shouldn't), and same result. If you look in your /mnt/user/appdata/ChannelsDVR/data/channels-dvr.log, can you find a [DVR] Recording engine started in xxxxx? And is yours saying that it is started in /shares? Also, can you confirm that your recordings are under /mnt/user/TV and not /mnt/user/appdata/ChannelsDVR/TV?

It does seem like you are recording to your cache disks, and not using "Unknown Devices" plugin to mount another drive which is not added to your disk array (like I am). Correct?

I changed the Channels DVR general settings, Server Enabled to /shares, and no issues with EVERYTHING going to /shares, which is mounted through to /mnt/disks/nvr1/channels. However, I thought that the docker container was supposed to support config on one mount, and recordings on another. I can't get this to work with two different mounts.

Recording to Cache and then Mover moves it to Drive.

What is your dvr storage config inside the software? You select the location to record in the web UI

I think that the UI has changed since I originally set it up.

Under Basic Setup, Server Enabled is now "/shares"...changing this from "/channels-dvr" to "/shares" moved everything under "/shares".

Under Library Database, Storage Paths is an automatic "/shares". This was "/channels-dvr". Before, I could add "/shares", but was not able to delete the default storage path (whatever Server Enabled is set to). I could add the other location, but recordings seemed to still be going to the default storage path.

To be clear, I would like my config/database/logs going to /channels-dvr, but my recordings (TV folder) to go to /shares/TV.

That is the correct configuration.

Main logs are stored in /channels-dvr already, along with the current database. The folders in /shares are for archival logs and database backups.

Awesome! Then I think we are fixed. I appreciate the help.