Some channel logos missing

I have pinged Gracenote about the missing logos.

I just noticed this weekend that I'm missing about 1/4 of the channel logos. Is this a provider issue or Channels issue?

On the DVR web UI in the Guide Maintenance section you can click on the Refresh Station Logos to see if that helps.

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know that option existed. I tried that and it hasn't helped my situation.

Can you try restarting the dvr software?

What are some examples of missing channel logos?

Hi stoli412, I had a similar issue to this earlier this year:

https://community.getchannels.com/t/manually-change-channel-icons.

I could be wrong, but I think in the UK the channel logos pull through from SiliconDust. I contacted them via their forum and they re-mapped our channels to ones with better icons.

At the time I understood this better, but now I’ve pretty much forgotten all about it. I’m sure somebody on here will know the technical terms, but each channel listing has a number of streams associated with it (different languages, regions, subtitle support, etc.). It seems SiliconDust configure logos against each stream rather than each channel, so you may get a different logo depending on which stream you’re consuming. A quick word to SiliconDust and they will point you to a different stream with a different logo.

In fairness SiliconDust were really fantastic and adjusted our settings within a day or two. Our main channels are better (BBC1, BBC2, etc.); they’re not transparent anymore, but they are still inconsistent (some have the HD logo, while other HD channels don’t, etc.).

I do still wish there could be an option to map our own logos in channels; I have a set of nice monochrome logos lifted from YouView which would look fantistic here.

A restart didn't fix it but I did what cveral mentioned in the other post (SHIFT+Click on refresh) and it brought in most icons. The only two I'm missing are WADLH and BTNHD.

The latest build caused about a dozen channel logos disappearing.

1 Like

Yup. I m missing a bunch of logos too.
Mostly on my OTA stations.
Both in the browser Guide and on Clients.
Tried guide refresh and refresh logos. nothing.

Same issue for me. Some local channels and then channels like Animal Planet and DisneyXD. Even the free DABL channel.

I'm also missing many from both TVE and CABLE sources in both the Guide mapper and the Guide.

I'm also missing about 50% of channel logos in Locast for the NYC area - missing major ones ABC, FOX, PBS.

I am also missing logos for some OTA Channels.

Huh

Can you try refresh?

didnt work.

I've tried all of the options including "Delete and Recreate Database", the logos are still missing. Also tried rebooting. Seems like a problem with the latest server beta since it's affecting so many people.

Please submit diagnostics

Refresh Station Logos no help, some of the TVE channels missing logos
6063 SPROUTP UKIDSPH
6103 ANIMAL-PLANET APLHD
6104 HGTV HGTVD
6120 DISNEY DISNHD
6121 DISNEYP DISNHDP
6124 DISNEYXD DXDHD
6125 DISNEYXDP DXDHDP
6750 BUZZR WYBNLD (BUZZR)
6754 REVN WYBNLD5 (REVN)
6763 FRANCE24 WYBNLD4 (F24EN)
6765 CBSSPORTSHQ CBSSPHQ
6766 CBSNEWS CBSNSTR
6772 CAS CASHD (CAS)
6773 CMCUSA KKPMCD2 (CMCUSA)
6774 CMC KKPMCD3 (CMC)
6777 PBSKIDS WNETDT2 (HD06)
6781 DABL DABL
6783 AMGTV AMGTV
6784 LX LX

CABLE CHANNELS missing logos
LOCAL PBS
LOCAL FOX
LOCAL ION
LOCAL CBS
HGTVPHD
APLHDP
DXDHDP
DISNHDP
UKIDSPH
and many others

Confirmed issue in our guide provider's API. We have reached out to them for a fix.

2 Likes

Strange that it was fine before the 6-16 update.