Sorting 'PlayOn Recordings'

I seem to be struggling a bit with my 'PlayOn' Recordings. I'd like to maybe find a way when going to 'GUIDE' I might be able to view that entire folder contents. I have a Synology w/PlayOn folder for the content. Right now I seem to be doing OK but I'd like to be able to track those recordings separately.

The guide shows TV schedules for your sources that provide live TV.
PlayOn recordings are not live TV so they will not show up in the guide as is.

However, if you create a virtual channel that includes contents from your PlayOn recordings, they will show up in the guide.

Is this what you want to achieve?

That looks like it certainly could. I'll tinker with that but it certainly looks like it could do what I want. I'm very new and a 'SLO' learner!!!!

That didn't seem to accomplish what I wished but looks like it could if I set a 'virtual channel' for each show. I'd just like to see PlayOn in one location accessible from all clients.

Live TV and recorded content are completely different things in Channels. They aren’t mixed together because they are completely different things.

Use the Guide to find something to watch on Live TV, use your library of recorded content to watch it back.

If you want to keep it simple, just use the Guide section and the Recordings section.

Is there a way for me to just have my 'PlayOn' in one easily accessed location for an ATV client?

Do you mean away from the rest of your recordings? No and yes.

Channels does not differentiate content based on how they were sourced. It all goes into your library, it doesn't matter where it came from. If you want to find your PlayOn content, you'll find it in your library where everything is.

That being said, you can use some of our advanced features to separate content by utilizing Labels and Smart Rules.

If you add a label to these specific shows, you can use our Smart Rules to build Library Collections or Personal Sections with just the content you want.