Sound Issues with Onn Android TV Streamer

I have been trying out the Onn Android TV Streamer off and on for a while to see if it would be a better device than my TS4K. However, I have an issue that makes it pretty much unusable.

Channels DVR (and Hulu and Amazon Prime) all have incredibly low volume levels. So low that if I turn it up to a reasonable volume, switching to any other app, the home screen, or another input results in way way too loud volume.

Just for reference, this happens on my Samsung QN65Q7DRAFXZA TV with or without my Sonos Beam plugged into the ARC port. As I am typing this, I realized that I haven't tested the device on my other TV (I might try that tomorrow if I remember).

This seems to be an issue with the Onn device, as nothing else has this type of problem.

• I was hoping someone maybe had an idea how I might get it fixed (or contact Onn).
  • If you have any ideas of settings that I might be able to try, that would be good as well. I did try the settings under Sounds, but no luck so far.
  • Also, if anyone knows what those particular apps have in common, that could help too. The following apps have no problems: Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, and Vudu.

Thanks,
Josh

I just picked a one of these devices (not the dongle) a month ago, and I don't have a volume level issue. Initially there was an issue with not getting any sound, but that was resolved by changing the Sound options under Device Preferences. In my case I had to turn off Dolby Digital.

1 Like

After trying the device on my other TV and it still having the problem, I factory reset it. Now the volume is all reasonable now. I guess it was just some strange state the device got into (strange that it never worked for me though).
Thanks,
Josh

1 Like

I have the non-dongle version as well. I’ve had issues with the sound. Go into the settings and turn CEC on. Then turn it off. It fixes the sound. Strange issue. I’ve never seen that before. Luckily I tried that before I did a factory reset. I have to do this periodically.

3 Likes

I will try this if it comes back. I had CEC turned off at the time. Right now I think I left it on, but hopefully this works.

1 Like

Thank you so much! After one week without sound you just solved my problem

Thanks been driving me batty Low sound on tge ONN streaming box As you said Setting. Device preferences hdmi cec turn off. Works fine

You are a lifesaver THANK YOU !!!!!

I had this same issue with the ONN 4k box on all apps. Turns out, if i plugged it into a device with no remote of its own to adjust volume, (such as a computer monitor) the onn box/remote would control volume on the box itself instead of on the display, So, i ended up turning it all the way up on the ONN box then moving it back to the TV that I had programmed the remote to control and the problem was solved.

Hopefully this helps someone else :slight_smile:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! OMG, I have been :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: with my ONN device & TV for the past 2 days now on how to fix this problem.. I should of had Googled this problem before now.