Sound level mismatch on TVE

We habe 3 sources: HDHR cablecard, HDHR Antenna (for better quality on locals) and TVE streaming Spectrum (again for better quality than cablecard). TVE has wildly higher sound level that either of the HDHR's -- maybe +20dB! Shouldn't it be possible to normalize the sound levels in the software, at somewhat closer?

What device are you running Channels on?

OSWindows Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019
10.0.17763 Build 17763
CPU
8 cores / Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz
RAM31.71 GB
85.0% free

What about on your tv, are you using tvOS or android tv?

Nvidia Shield 2019.

Does it make a difference if you set Surround Sound: Off inside the app on the Player settings tab?

Does your TV have a volume leveling setting? Or on the Shield?

(I normally say stay away from those normalizing settings, but sometimes they do help.)

Yes, the difference in level is minor, and would be acceptable, with surround off.

Based on that it sounds like you’re dealing with a surround sound volume versus stereo volume issue, since TVE is typically stereo. Just guessing but you may need to turn rebalance the speaker levels on your surround sound receiver.

The surround system was setup using the Yamaha tool, and is correctly balanced for real 5.1 material.

I have the exact same issue. I am also using the Nvidia Shield 2019. TVE channel recordings are considerably louder than HDHR local recordings. Did switching to Stereo help? Did you find any other solutions?

I am still using surround sound and the situation is much better, I estimate less than 10 dB difference, but I have taken all available updates for both the server and the app, so perhaps they have addressed the problem.