Source priority2

Hey Rice. I just checked and there are no hearts next to anything for either tuner. To my knowledge I don't believe I've ever set anything to a 'heart.'


Do you have access to my Channels DVR server logs?

Interesting, the logs will give a better picture then. The game started at 7:15 so your logs at 7:14-7:15 will show if there was a tune fail, ect.

Of course not. I'm just another paying Channels DVR user, like you.

ok, so I'm confused why it showed the order you preferred, but can't think of a reason it would show that way without favorites.
Screenshot 2026-09-14 202326

channels will record passes based on Favorite first, then the source priority.
edited to correct my mistake.

Of course you are.

These are the logs, after recognizing the scheduling problem and manually correcting it:
2026/09/14 19:14:00.000782 [DVR] Skipping job 1789431240-237 NFL Football
2026/09/14 19:14:00.000782 [DVR] Starting job 1789431240-ch12.1 NFL Football on ch=[12.1]
2026/09/14 19:14:00.000782 [DVR] Waiting 45m0s until next job 1789433940-219 Hannity
2026/09/14 19:14:00.000782 [DBG] Scheduling wake timer for scheduled recording in 43m29.9992175s
2026/09/14 19:14:00.431126 [TNR] Opened connection to 1072F287/1 for ch12.1 WISN TV
2026/09/14 19:14:00.431126 [DVR] Recording for job 1789431240-ch12.1 from 1072F287 ch12.1 into "TV\NFL Football\NFL Football Denver Broncos at Kansas 2026-09-14-1914.mpg" for 4h0m59.9992175s
2026/09/14 19:14:00.510559 [IDX] Generating video index for job 1789431240-ch12.1

Incorrect

Just to confirm, highest channel number first, then source priority second?

That shows it recording from channel 12.1

I had to manually skip the recording on 11014, and then set up a manual recording for 12.1 to correct the scheduling issue. That's what I would like to avoid in the future, if possible.

The schedule shows the channel order it will use to record.

The Pass Matches should display the same channel order as the schedule, but sometimes is wrong.

Look at your schedule to see the channel order it will try to record from.

I did that, but apparently that's not correct, because the schedule indicated that it would record on 11014 first. Then I had it skip the recording on 11014 and set up a manual recording from 12.1.

You know what, it's okay though, because SageTV scheduling got it right and I can watch it there. No problem folks.

Did it show 11014, 12.1 ?
Do you have more than one pass?

The schedule showed it set to record on 11014 when I checked it before the game. That's when I told it to skip and then went into the guide to manually select the show on 12.1.

There is only (1) season pass currently setup for NFL Football.

Guide data is displaying those two as different events (like being different games).
ESPN2: Monday Night Football with Peyton and Eli: Denver Broncos at Kansas City Chiefs
and
ABC: Denver Broncos at Kansas City Chiefs (probably also on ESPN)

I'm surprised it didn't try to record both of them.

Same here.

Here's next week Monday night:

Sorry, I gotta get to bed.

It's going to record both airings next Monday.
One on 12.1 ABC (New York Giants at Los Angeles Rams)
The other on 11015 ESPN2 (Monday Night Football with Peyton and Eric: New York Giants at Los Angeles Rams)

You either need to skip the ESPN2 recording or modify the pass to exclude "Monday Night Football" in the Event Title.

Yes, I understand that, thank you. What I don't understand is why Channels DVR decided to record from a lower priority tuner from the original example, and made the user invoke the recording manually from the guide on the higher priority source. I just don't want to have to be a constant watchdog for the software.

The one you skipped was airing on ESPN2 and has a different Event Title (which is what I'm trying to say) than the same game airing on ABC & ESPN.

If you don't do anything it will record from both ESPN2 and ABC and you will have 2 recordings of the game.

The guide data is different for the ESPN2 airing, so Channels DVR thinks it's a different game than the one airing on both ABC & ESPN. So it schedules both of them.

What I'm trying to tell you is that only (1) NFL game was scheduled to record last night. If I had left the system alone, it would have recorded the game from only 11014, and not from channel 12.1. There was just one line item in the schedule.