Spectrum Choice

I saw a few threads related but were over a year old starting a fresh one. We just signed up for Spectrum Choice and I tried to set it up as TVE in Channels DVR. I get a lot of channels, but they are all the junk channels. I don't get any of the 15 channels I chose. Also don't get the local networks, but didn't expect they would come through via TVE.

FYI we have had Channels running for a while with multiple HDHRs, Pluto, Philo, and YTTV all have been working fine. We signed up for Spectrum in a short term rental because it was the only ISP in town, and thought that Choice would be a good inexpensive way to offer guests easy free TV. The plan was to drop Philo to offset some of the cost, but can't get it to work.

Have you verified with Spectrum that the Choice package includes TVE access? I would assume that since most networks grant TVE access across all of their channels (ie, your subscription only includes Hallmark, but via TVE you get access to HMM and HMD, too), that the limited number of channels precludes TVE access. Of course, I could also be completely wrong on that front.

Other than verifying with Spectrum support that TVE is enabled for Choice packages, have you tried directly authenticating to any subscribed network on their website?

I guess this thread was premature. I deleted the source in Channels DVR, added it back again, and most of the channels showed up. Must have been a bad scan the first time. I did try to rescan it and that didn't work. All seems to be good now.

1 Like

Are you getting only the 15 channels you selected, or are you able to authenticate for additional channels from the same network/parent?

I have choice, and it (and TVE) work great.

1 Like

Just wanted to chime in to mention I also have Spectrum Choice and all the TVE channels work fine with Channels DVR. The issue is probably what you mentioned as Spectrum seems sensitive to the scan working sometimes.

But all TVE channels are included.

1 Like

I am getting the "junk channels" that everyone throws in, and I do have some east/west versions of some. I'm not getting any extras like FXX and FXM when I picked FX. I am also not getting channels like Nik that don't do TVE of course.

Then you don't have Choice. You have Lifestyle whatever they call it. I have FXM