Spectrum TV Stream Package

Can this be combined with ChannelsDVR? If so how?....using TVE only? If so my NAS doesn't support TVE so what choice do I have if I can't upgrade my NAS for TVE but still want to use my NAS for Storage?

You could always install the DVR server on a different computer on your network, and mount a share from your NAS onto that computer and use it as your storage. Just beware that will increase the bandwidth on your home network, since each channel watched will:

1. Come into your network to your DVR
  2. Go from the DVR to the NAS (TVE streams are written to a small buffer in the storage directory)
  3. Go from the NAS to the DVR to be distributed to the clients
  4. Go from the DVR to each client requesting that channel

The round-tripping in steps 2 and 3 are where the bandwidth increases come in if you mount your NAS over the network.

That's what I was afraid of. I feel like I'm stuck. It's so annoying that TVE doesn't support Arm32.

Technically, the problem isn't that TVE won't work on ARM. The problem is that TVE needs a locally installed copy of Chromium/Chrome, and those are rarely compiled for your low-powered ARM NAS.

QNAP has a browser station which is chromium I believe but my ts431+ isn't listed as supported. It also says 4gb of ram. I only have 1gb.

Is there any Xbox One support as a server?

I also have a 2015 Nvidia Shield I'm not using and a 500gb external drive I could use as a server only I suppose.

1 Like

The Shield will work with TVE. Just remember you won’t get all locals and not A@E owned channels.

So can I use the 2015 shield as a server with an external HDD as a ChannelsDVR server? I wouldn't use it for anything else likely. I have gigabit lan so I would think it would run ok. I could get the TV stream package and use TVE. No A&E though you said.

Yes, No A@E owned channels like History, Lifetime and at the most ABC, NBC and FOX for locals unless you get a Hdhomerun and Antenna.

1 Like

I have OTA for locals. I can log into A&E/History apps with my current provider so why wouldn't it work via TVE?

1 Like

Ok so you need to buy an Hdhomerun. A@E/ History don’t offer live streams on their website so they can’t be supported.

I have everything already. I currently have FuboTV so I was thinking about getting the Spectrum TV Stream package to use TVE to try and get everything in one package but that doesn't seem like it will be possible. Ugh. Frustrating.

I guess technically you can buy a Hdhomerun prime and rent a cable card from Spectrum

If I could find one, The new one isn't out yet and it sucks since I already have 2 HDHR Connect boxes. LOL

1 Like

Me too un-patiently for the 6 tuner

I thought there were DRM issues or something so all the channels didn't work using a cable card. Is that not true?

Is there any particular reason that A&E don't offer live streams?

Nope

Channels DVR does not record from Spectrum, ATT TV, YTTV, etc. It uses your cable credentials, TVE and chromium to record the live stream(if available) from the network(AMC, ESPN) website. Unfortunately A&E C Hann do not offer a live stream. You could use each networks app or web page to watch specific shows on demand or Playon to record those shows.

Before making a switch in cable providers make sure spectrum credentials can be used for all the networks you want. Networks may have different agreements with each provider. For example YTTV cannot use their YTTV login to access TBS or TNT websites.

1 Like

Yes I know that already. Thanks
I'm now using my FuboTV login after changing my server to be able to utilize TVE.

1 Like