Spectrum - TVE - FS Wisconsin

Ah forget it. If sports just doesn't work for some people in Channels DVR, it just doesn't work.

I can live without baseball, no problem.

After researching the forum here, I see when Aman looked at this last I was still using PSVue, so it's not really a good comparison.

I'll test this on a Win 10 machine before pursuing it here further.

2 Likes

After clicking EDIT to view the entire channel list, what is it that determines whether FS Wisconsin appears in the list, or not?

I explained it earlier.

So, the idea is that by changing from Win 7 to Win 10, that channel 6202 will scan successfully, and that FS Wisconsin channel will all of a sudden appear in the channel list?

What will a successful scan of channel 6202 look like (or what message will it return)?

As a Spectrum customer, what website would I visit to watch the TVE stream for:

6202 FS-COLLEGE-ATLANTIC
6203 FS-COLLEGE-CENTRAL
6204 FS-COLLEGE-PACIFIC

I don't believe that I can find these channels anywhere in my subscription, or on the set-top-box even.

It should look like this:

Right now it can't even login to spectrum so it doesn't know if you have that channel or not. If it doesn't it will say "not-entitled" and then load the extra channels underneath.

So, what is this line doing, and what should it return?

https://api.auth.adobe.com/api/v1/authenticate?reg_code=HG6BDBC&mso_id=Charter_Direct&domain_name=adobe.com&requestor_id=fs2go&noflash=true&redirect_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsp.auth.adobe.com%2Fadobe-services%2FcompletePassiveAuthentication

In other words, how can I fire up a Chrome browser and simulate what Channels is doing to try and determine where the problem is?

Open chrome incognito, go to foxsportsgo.com and login. The spectrum page should load and show the login form and process your login.

Or just paste that link above into chrome incognito

Okay, I've done that, and I'm logged in. What's next.

I mentioned what you should try to narrow down where the issue is occurring:

My intention is to do that, however, I want to simulate exactly what Channels DVR is attempting to do in a browser, and I plan to do that on my Win 7 machine here at home, and on a Win 10 machine remotely, to see exactly what the difference is before spending money to upgrade a machine.

It would be preferable if you install the dvr software and set up a test dvr on the remote computer to see if it can scan 6202 or not.

On a scale of 1 to 10, what's your confidence level that Win 10 will solve this problem?

I don't know where the issue is, so I can only guess. That's why I'm asking you to narrow down by trying another computer or network first.

You folks don't have a Win 7 machine where you can test this on a developer level? You wrote an installer for Win 7, and must have tested it on that.

(I am trying to find a Win 10 machine on a different network)

Again I only mentioned Windows version as one of several possibilities. I don't know what's causing your problem, only that others are not experiencing the same issue.

We are not supporting or developing for Windows 7 anymore, so no we don't have a test machine for that OS.

1 Like

So you have a Win 10 machine there. Would you like to try what I suggested via private message? It seems like solving the problem would be a lot more successful if the developer was looking at it directly.

The install on the Win 10 machine on a different connection works, FS wisconsin shows up.

I tested again on a different Win 7 machine locally, and it works fine, too. So it's just the one machine that's having an issue, my primary media server. I wonder if it has something to do with the Ceton pcie card in that machine creating a second virtual network for itself. I found out that I was not able to run Plex on that machine because of the internal Ceton tuner.