Spectrum - TVE - FS Wisconsin

My Channels DVR system is currently missing the TVE Channels for FS Wisconsin, seen as the first two channels at the foxsportsgo website (currently showing GOLF and MLB in the screenshot):

The third and fourth channels, FS1 and FS2 are currently working fine in Channels DVR, and I haven't checked the remaining channels shown (5 and 6 in the screenshot). When I log into the foxsportsgo.com website, using my Spectrum user/password, I can view at least the first 4 channels in the list.

Are the first two FS Wisconsin channels something that are already available in Channels DVR and working for some users, and I need to do something to get them to show up in the editable channels list for the Spectrum TVE source, or are these channels not available to anyone in this region? If I need to be doing something on my end to get these channels working, please let me know what.

If they aren't currently available in Channels DVR, could they please be added, or re-added?

The DVR is not able to load the Spectrum login page reliably when trying to access these channels. No one else seems to have this particular problem, so it might be something related to your dvr machine, local network or spectrum/charter in your area.

Previously I had attempted to add a workaround for this but now even that is not working. Makes me thing that the workaround didn't actually work last time you reported this problem either, but it just randomly worked one time. So you could try to rescan 6201 occasionally until it works. Or try a test DVR on another computer or network to see if the same issue occurs there.

And as I've mentioned before, other users have reported weird TVE issues when using Windows 7 (particularly with YouTubeTV, but with other providers/channels as well). Upgrading to Windows 10 has solved issues for these other users.

From a programmers logical standpoint, and based on the way Channels DVR is capturing the streams, what difference would it make whether the operating system was Win 7 or Win 10? What's different about the way the stream is accessed and initiated between FS Wisconsin and FS1 for example? Surely you're seeing something as you test.

Even to this day, your website suggests that Win 7, Win 8, and Win 10 is supported by installer downloads.

If anyone else is successfully accessing FS Wisconsin (or other regional sports via foxsportsgo.com and Channels DVR), please chime in so that we can find a pattern and solve this problem.

I watched the Badger football games successfully last year, and was recording MLB this year, so I don't believe it was a one-off thing.

Aman, you suggest that the problem is with the Spectrum login ... or something. Is there some way that a Channels DVR user can get regional sports from another TVE provider like Youtube TV, or maybe Hulu, or Fubo? What can I do to help Channels DVR ensure that their users can watch sports? It a real bummer that we can't watch sports with this system.

I believe he said you’re the only user he knows of that is experiencing this issue. Looks like he’s reviewed your DVR logs and found that it’s struggling to load the spectrum login page. Are you using a VPN, custom DNS settings, or anything like that? How is the PC running the DVR connected to your network? Have you tried running a 1000 ping test to google from the machine to verify that its internet connectivity is solid? These are some things to check off the top of my head.

I assume by the posts you're using a WIN-7 PC for Channels DVR.
Is your Chrome up to date? (I think Channels TVE uses your Chrome browser)
Also, the devs would know if this causes issues, but are you running any Chrome add-ons.

Well Windows 7 is Officially EOL and unsupported by Microsoft now, no longer getting updates.
Not sure if Chrome is being updated for 7, but it is only a matter of time before most software no longer support Win 7, just like nothing works on XP anymore.

( i mean, really, its a 11yr old Operating System, there is no expectation that modern software or hardware will work with it smoothly or at all, and most likey not going to get much help from third party devs of software's when you are using a ancient, no longer supported operating system )

If all you want is a good OS to run a media server on, use Linux.

1 Like

Chrome runs on WIN-7
System requirements to use Chrome
Windows

To use Chrome on Windows, you'll need:

Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or later
An Intel Pentium 4 processor or later that's SSE2 capable

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95346?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

i said being updated, not that it runs on Win 7.
it is very possible that even a version built for win 7, will not support certain new things or have the newer features or code base as the one built for win 10.

Channel 6201 works after the rescan that I had done from the other thread.

Why do you suppose that the FS Wisconsin channels that I should be receiving don't even show up anywhere in the channel list?

Sorry I meant 6202. When that channel scans successfully, it includes the list of regional channels available to you and they are added to the channel list.

What channel 6202? There is no Channel 6202 in the list to even attempt what you are suggesting.

It's shown clearly in your screenshot here:

I gave you a screenshot of Channels DVR as it is today. If it's different than when I gave you the screenshot last time, who else could explain that but you? I haven't made any changes, and last I checked, the user has no control over what channels appear on that screen.

It's still a mystery as to why FS Wisconsin doesn't show up in the channels list whether it authorizes or not.

I can follow what he's saying.
The screenshot you just provided is the guide mapping screen, you have to click the Edit button in the upper right in order to get to the full list of channels, then try rescanning channel 6202.

No, wrong. Maybe we just let Aman work on this.

(actually, chDVRuser was correct)

OK. I'll quit trying to help

Okay, my mistake. I do appreciate the help.

Sorry to both of you.

I don't believe that channels 6202, 6203 or 6204 would be a part of something I subscribe to. So I suppose it would make sense that it can't login. Is that a reasonable assumption?