Speed playback no longer works while recording

I've been using Channels for about 9 months on my ONN box. Until a few weeks ago, I've been able to adjust the video playback speed while a show was recording. I thought it was not working at all, but today I figured out that I can adjust the speed on a show that has finished recording. This is quite annoying because sometimes I'll start watching a show while it's recording but after I've allowed time for me to skip the commercials. I like to watch these shows at a faster playback so I can watch them faster.

Is there anything I can do to get the faster playback to work? I can select a faster speed, but it doesn't actually work.

what are you streaming quality settings on the Onn?
original quality delivered direct works best

fyi this has always worked for me no matter where i was watching even spotty cell coverage.

I have it on original quality but I have the original quality delivery on stream. I just tried it on direct, but I'm not getting any sound on the 3.0 channels. There are a couple of channels that I can't get a signal for on the 1.0 frequency, ABC being the one I watch the most.

this seems strange, but I have my gtvstreamer4k is set to pcm stereo.

what model Onn? what's the tuner source?
i've never had this trouble on non-drm atsc3 channels with my hdhr's

I have the Onn 4K pro, the source is hdhr. I've done some more investigating, and the no sound on direct only happens when I choose a 3.0 channel from the guide. If I watch from a recording I get sound. However, the speed playback still doesn't work while the recording is happening. Since it used to work, I'm wondering if there was an update that messed up that feature.

mine still works with stream instead of direct, so I imagine it's just an audio related issue.
I know they've been doing work on surround sound passthru, so you could try turning some of those off to isolate the issue.

since I use stereo, hopefully someone else may be able to provide better info for you.

you could try clearing the cache via googletv interface for the app

have you tried clearing the servers streaming cache?
Screenshot 2026-09-26 103930

I have cleared the app cache but not the clear streaming cache. Is that on the web app or the tv app?

Thanks for your help!
Since you mentioned that they're working on the passthrough settings, I looked and turned off all the Dolby choices. I don't think the channels support any of them anyway. After I did that, it seems like everything is working as expected.

its the webui, lightning bolt dropdown.

glad you got it all working :vulcan_salute: