Speed Test from Channels Apple TV

If my memory servers me right this is already part of the android version. Are there any plans to add the Channels DVR Speed test for Apple TV back to the server?

It's already there:
http://IP_OF_ATV:57000/speedtest

Inside the app?

How can I test the network speed at my TV?

hmm I know I have ran that before. I even have a screenshot of it. But for some odd reason it doesn't seem to work. But honestly guys I was looking for the same option to be added that android app has. Where it was internal to the app and a click of a button. Not an external option.

I figured out I didn't have the settings screen up for the speed test. But still looking for the internal test to be added inside app like android version.

I do have a question though. Wouldn't that only be a speed test from what ever browser/pc you run that from and not really the server to the client? Example like a NAS. You run it all from a browser on a computer. So wouldn't it really be that PC to the client instead of server to the client.

Yes, that's correct. Unless the browser is on your DVR server, you're not testing from the client to the server.

Because of the way tvOS works, the Channels app must be open and active on the Apple TV.

No, because the address you are accessing is actually served by the Apple TV app. When you visit that page hosted on the Apple TV app, the speed test is from that Apple TV to the DVR server.

1 Like

No, that's not correct. The speed test is from the app to the server.

It is planned to add the same option as android but there are some technical hurdles

For some reason I keep getting “fail to connect”

NM, must have been firewall issues