Speedtest on remote network

Is it possible to run a speedtest on a remote network to the DVR? V 2019.04.29.0505

2 Likes

What is considered a good minimum speed?

more than 8mbits/sec will give you a high quality HD stream. If you can get 4mbits/sec it will still look very good.

If you are running the latest updates for the DVR and app you will be benefiting from the new adaptive bitrate feature that will measure the bandwidth you have available while it plays and adjust based on the maximum it can handle. You should be able to set the Streaming Quality to "1080p 8Mbps" and let it adjust for you.

Below is what I am getting using the Channels speediest, etc, from time to time, my video stalls. My computer is hardwired via Ethernet to my Apple TV.

What provider do you use to get that speed remotely?
Your post says Speedtest on remote netowrk, so I'm assuming that's the remote speedtest speed?

I get that locally, but not remotely.

I'm using the Speedtest within Channels app in Apple TV.

Ah, my bad.
Thought since you added to another OP's posting about REMOTE speedtest that yours was also remote.
I wanted to know who was providing you with Gigabit Internet at that speed remotely.

You must be testing in-home with the ATV and Channels DVR on the same network either wired or local WiFi to get that speed and such low latency and jitter.

1 Like