Sports on Live TV for TVE - which streaming services work best with Channels?

I've always had cable TV for the primary purpose of watching sports live and time-shifted. After seeing an increasing number of events not being carried by our local cable provider I'm looking into streaming solutions that have live TV, but I'm hoping I can find one that works well with Channels. So far it's looking like I'll have to use at least one service in addition to Peacock to cover the events I became accustomed to getting with cable, but I'm hoping to find one or two that work well with Channels.

Which ones give the best live sports coverage and do any of the best offer TVE that works acceptably in Channels?

As an alternative to TVE, what about integrated into Channels the same way that Frndly.tv and Pluto TV are?

(Please forgive me if I am conflating TVE with the way other streaming services are saved and vice versa)

1 Like

The best option for sports and channels variety would be to work with the different projects available in the ommunity.
The main services such as YTTV and Hulu are encrypted and won't work with channels.
If you have FUBO, you can get a lot of the channels except for the disney channels but those are on TVE with Fubo Subscription.
YTTV is probably the best for TVE.

Specifically for live sports, I'd throw in a recommendation of Fubo TV, for a few reasons:

1 - It has very good TVE integration with Channels (122 channels)
2 - there is a docker solution that's even better, although some folks are having isses with their packages, it's working great for me and is bringing in 246 channels
3- the ADBTuner project works well with the FuboTV app on Google TV devices
4- On AppleTV the Fubo app has an excellent, fully customizable multiview mode that's awesome on big sports / news days

On the down side,
1- Fubo is missing Turner channels, which means no TNT, CNN, Turner. Also no WB which means no Discovery, HGTV, Food Network or TLC. They do have lots of FAST programming though. Most of that is available via other dockers, featured here in this forum.
2 - There's no telling how long Fubo will be around. This news isn't encouraging: FuboTV Stock Is Down 97% From Its Peak, but It's Still Not a Buy | The Motley Fool

So if you go this route, enjoy it while it lasts. I think it's the best right now. YouTube TV is working on their own multiview too, maybe one day it'll be fully customizable for all channels..

But the best news is regardless of what provider you choose or change to, Channels DVR will retain your recordings and season passes. You can bounce around and mix and match providers, season to season, and never lose your library.

1 Like

Go to suppose.tv and pick the channels you want to watch and they'll sort out the best provider for you.

I have Philo for the non-sports content.
I've mived from Fubo over to ADBTuner and YTTV.
I sure miss fubo but the price is a bit much.
Glad to have channels bringing in stuff with some effort but it is working.

1 Like