Stable 300 WiFi vs 100M Ethernet?

Love channels. Running it on a Synology NAS with Solid State drives. I do a lot of fast forwarding when watching recorded sports. Currently using a very stable 300Mbps WiFi connection. Channels client is running on a Sony Bravia Google TV. TV has a 100M Ethernet port. Would I get better fast forwarding performance using the current 300M very stable wifi connection, or by running an Ethernet cable to take advantage of the 100M Ethernet port knowing wifi is half duplex and wired Ethernet is full duplex?

1 Like

One thing you could do is run a speed test to the server on the Channels client in both configurations.

The main thing to be concerned about is latency. Not sure about jitter.

See which one is better.

Too many variables to give you an accurate response in my opinion. Best thing to do is run both scenarios and use the speed test to server Diagnostic in the settings menu and see which one gives you better connectivity.

1 Like

Great minds think alike! :laughing:

I'm going to be honest, as someone who also has had Sony Bravia Google TV's for years. If you want the overall best experience for "fast forwarding when watching recorded sports" via the Channels app specifically then I'd focus less on the difference between 100M Ethernet and 300M WiFi, and more on the specs and UI of streaming device itself, along with its UX and remote control. Which means upgrading to an AppleTV instead, connected to the Sony by HDMI-CEC.

1 Like

I appreciate the reply.