Steam PiP: a Decky plugin for Steam Machines and Decks

I'd been using decky-pip for awhille on my Steam Deck and it's been fun and useful in certain contexts, but also a bit questionable on the smaller portable screen :laughing:

So when I got a Steam Machine, connected to the BIG screen in the living room, and saw the plugin didn't work properly, I thought about taking it in a different direction. Enter this new fork, I call Steam PiP.

With obvious help from Claude, I've cobbled together something that's very usable for me on both devices, has lots more functionality and customizability than the original plugin did, and I hope it's helpful or inspiring for others too.

Steam PiP makes great use of the .m3u8 streams Channels DVR has organized for me, so I thought this was the best forum to share it in first.

I'm not sure how much further I can push its functionality, but welcome feedback or collaboration. This is also my first time publishing anything on Github, so please be gentle. Otherwise, enjoy!