Steps for no HDHR

I've set up the DVR and server on an Nvidia Shield. I just switched to Fubo so I assumed I could put both on the Shield. Several months ago I found out that I don't need the HDHR since all of the networks are on Fubo, yet, when setting this up the install tells me that it can't find the HDHR and I find no option to go forward without it. I'm probably missing something very simple, but I can't figure it out.

I assume you're talking about the DVR web UI setup? You need to click Add Source then select TV Everywhere

OK, I have the DVR server app and the Whole Home app. The whole home app says it can't find the server, the server app says that it is connected. Neither one has anywhere to Add Source.

I'm beginning to wonder about myself!!

Okay, so you're not talking about the web UI then?

In the app you would click Connect to DVR and select At Home.

What is the web ui?

The DVR server has a web interface that you open in a browser and set it up. Did you do that already? Did you add your Fubo login there?

Yes, I did add FUBO login. The Whole home when I select "at home" asks for an IP addy.

Please click Support > Submit Diagnostics from the DVR web UI

Is discovery checkbox enabled there? What IP is shown underneath it? Enter that IP into the app.

I see no discover box. Maybe I'm missing a step, what does the UI look like? I did submit diags.

Does it show Fubo on http://192.168.1.13:8089/

I just opened that IP address on my Win10 computer and no it does NOT list FUBO. I added it again and now it shows it accessing different networks. I'm assuming that this was what was missing.

Great. That is the link for the dvr web UI on your shield.

THANKS SO MUCH!!! It is populating the guide now. I'm doing all of this so my 96 year old mom can have a guide and not icons. You made my life a lot easier!!!

2 Likes