Stop Recording from the Recordings Menu

There really should be a 'Stop Recording' button or function from the list of Recordings. Right now, if a program is recording, one option to stop it is to trash if from the Recordings menu. What if you don't want to trash it, just stop it? In that case, you would need to try to locate the channel being recorded from potentially hundreds of channels. Kind of a drag. This is standard on consumer DVRs like Dish and DirecTV. It should also be included in the superior Channels DVR!
Thanks,
Hish

You can stop recordings from the DVR Schedule

Yes, but that's under settings and not convenient because that isn't where people interact with their recordings.

1 Like

Also under Recordings you can always trash it that will stop the recording.

That's exactly what OP wants to avoid:

restore it if you really want to keep it.

Good Luck with the request.

I agree and voted for it.

I also think this option should be included where people interact with their recordings

A lot more has to be done ... What if you have clients on KIOSK mode and unable to delete ... I would not like that client to be able to stop recordings. Stopping recordings would have to be tied with the ability to delete or not delete recordings.

When a recording is happening, there is a manage button right there that will show the modal, and you can stop the recording from that.

1 Like

This exists too, the More Recordings button.

My mistake. I thought the request was for the DVR web UI where neither option you mention appear.

Is this a Mac/Apple Client only feature at the moment?

1 Like

This manage button is not present in the Android client as far as I can see. Is that the beta version? The fact that you post indicates that you also agree that is a needed feature. A good sign!

Ha, well then, this is a long standing bug and we’ll look into it.

It was put there on tvOS (as we develop there first) for just the reasons this thread is explaining about a need for it. So it’s a bug that it’s not there.

That’s on us, and we’ll fix it.

2 Likes

tvOS first, eh? No wonder Channels is so elegant! Thanks maddox, I'll be looking forward to this.