Stream cuts out overnight when tv is left on

Just to let you know too, it sometimes does the same thing even after a couple of hours of watching

Just happened again. I was only watching for less than an hour this time.

I submitted logs via apple tv and sent an email of the DVR log

This just happened again after watching a TVE Channel for about 30 mins. Any updates?

Just happened again tonight after less than 2 hours of watching. Any updates? v2019.06.25.0036

This is not an easy fix and its going to take us a while to sort out. We have all the logs we need and know exactly what the problem is. There is a new remuxer coming that is currently being tested with the TVE streams.

Any update on when this might be fixed? Seems to be happening quite often now.

We expect this to be fixed when we start testing our new transcoder next month.

Should this be fixed with the new transcoder? I have it checked in the web UI but it still keeps happening on my remote apple tv's

The new transcoder only works with recorded content at the moment so it shouldn't help this situation.

Any idea if/when this will be fixed with the new transcoder?

I'm investigating different approaches to solve this issue (and fully identify what the underlying issue is). It appears to be a bug in the underlying ffmpeg implementation that we need to identify and fix.

Anything you need us to help with on the user end of things?

Any update? It happened to me almost a dozen times during a football game this weekend. Any information I can get to you to help?

Can you post DVR logs of the instances where it happened recently?

It sounds like a different issue than what was first reported if it's happening after only a couple hours.

I’ll do it next time it happens. Yeah it can happen with in minutes of watching now

This seems to be fixed in the latest public version. But I updated to the latest beta and it seems to be happening again. Is there anything changed that could effect this in the latest betas?

Are you watching at home or remotely?

Have you enabled any experimental settings?

Remotely. I haven’t enabled anything that I know of. I’ll try to submit logs on the next crash. It seems to only happen on live tv

I was going to start a new topic for my issue but I think posting it here works. I am experiencing what I think is the same issue. Watching live TVE channels almost always crashes after several minutes (it varies with how quickly it happens, but I just experienced it after 2 minutes of watching. It seems the app restarts and I'm put back at the beginning of the guide. OTA channels don't have this happen, and as far as I can tell it hasn't happened with recordings on TVE channels. My server is running on my Synology NAS, client is the 2017 Nvidia Shield,watching locally. I'm happy to submit diagnostics and/or logs, though my log just shows the connection to the channel was opened and then closed (i.e. no error mentioned).