[RELEASE] Stream Link Manager for Channels

Watch the demo!

Alpha testing is underway, so the next update will be the Beta release.

4 Likes

Watching the video right now and excited to test on Mac when it’s ready! In the meantime I caught another small typo on the first screen when asking for country, it says “steaming service” instead of “streaming” :slight_smile:

just watched the video and looks great so far.
Looking forward to the graphical interface eventually but this is a nice start.

Just wanted to give a quick update after radio silence...

Alpha testing has been going well, ironing out a lot of the bumps and figuring out what works in many areas and edge cases. Per usual, not everything has gone according to plan, but excellent progress has been made. At this point, the backend code base seems stable and has been working as expected. As such, we're moving on to a new phase.

Spoiler Alert...

Beta build is underway!

This 100% self-contained version will have a full graphical web-based user interface and run as a background service on Windows, Linux, and Docker (sorry Mac, you have to use Docker).

I'm not going to give any timelines as it depends upon my own availability to finish the Beta build and do testing with the invite group, but I expect this to be available to all of you in the "soon-ish" future!

5 Likes

But I am too stupid for Docker!! That's why I use a Mac for goodness sake!

2 Likes

:laughing: Well, too be fair, you could also use the Python-direct version or the self app-build method, but I imagine both of those would be even more complicated than just using Docker! Thankfully, with things like Project One-Click, it's getting a bit easier to get stuff up and running in short order.

2 Likes

Neat!! That'll be nice to have as I could add shows remotely via webui instead of using the script from another computer to a network drive

This is a very exciting project. I’m sitting here cheering you on. I have to admit, I didn’t quite understand what it did at first, but I recently went and added a few movies and a couple shows to Channels via stream links, and then I remembered seeing this project. When I came back and read the info, the light bulb went off. Can’t wait to see it!

1 Like

The project looks good.
I'm excited to use the container with web interface etc.
Keep us posted.

Here's a little preview of what's to come:

Pics or it isn't real...

4 Likes

Beta testing is now underway! You can follow along and get a preview of everything in the new Github repo:

Please note that the Beta testing is still with a closed group and you will not find the program on the repo until production launch.

Progress looks great.
thanks for showing things off.

Very much looking forward to trying this out.

1 Like

Getting very, very close! You can now see in the GitHub repo that basically everything is filled in save a preview/help video and some more FAQ / Troubleshooting (less the entire software, of course). I'm feeling really good about stability and ease/options of deployment.

2 Likes

@babsonnexus
I have not used this yet. But i have been reading and following your updates. This post is simply to give you :clap: applause. It is users custom projects and dedication that helps make CDVR great. Thank you for being Legend I hope your not lactose intolerant DAIRY!!!!

Edit: typo. I said defecation. Lol

2 Likes

I can tell you didn't type all them words :laughing:

1 Like

New preview (with chapter markers!):

4 Likes

@Rwbisme, I just wanted you to know that Mac-related troubleshooting is driving me :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I kid, it's all good to find these issues in beta and knock them out. I'm hopeful we're within the last few beta iterations before wide release!

2 Likes