Stream mycloud EX2 remotely

I have a WD mycloud EX2 nas. It works great locally but won't stream remotely. I can get into channels and see my recordings but when I try to play I get No DVR Transcoder. My nas is not powerful enough.
When I try to stream while looking at my NAS's cpu activity there is none. It doesn't even try to stream.
I can stream remotely with the cloud software that came with the NAS just fine. So I know it will work.
Any help please.

Most likely the NAS has a processor or VPU that is using custom software to transcode, rather than the open and standard means offered by Intel's integrated graphics. There is a possibility that support may be added in the future, but don't rely upon that.

Did you check to make sure Transcoder is set to Software in the Channels DVR Settings?

So I guess that means $$$$

I had the EX2 and unfortunately, it simply won't work as it's unable to transcode. If you have a cheap PC laying around, you could put the DVR software on it and use that for transcoding, or you can do what I did and upgrade to the PR4100 which transcodes like a champ!

So why can I stream remotely with WD software?

Because their software is optimized for the processor, or they are using a proprietary SDK from the chipset manufacturer that the Channels developers do not have access to. While the Channels developers probably could get hardware transcoding to work with your device, the time and effort needed to make it happen are probably better invested in other aspects of development rather than this particular case.

Thanks