Stremium 4 providers = unlimited providers? SMH

I've been checking out Stremium too, and it says if you upgrade to a pay version, you'll have unlimited providers. Well, I did the upgrade to try it out and it still only shows Frndly tv, philo, sling and Vidgo. Is that all they got? Their support won't answer my emails, and even their reddit forum requires "approval" before posting, so I'm sure my question about this won't be posted. LOL! Are they soon to be fly by night?

1 Like

Stremium only supports intrigations with Philo, Frndly, Sling and Vidgo and that service i think is still down.
They are talking about adding streams to their service.
If you have proper streaming URLS, you can add them to the service.
for instance, i have a stream for the City of Temecula.
if i wanted, i could add the stream to the account and it would be available to watch.
If i wanted, i could even probably add stuff from my Channels DVR.
The streams have to be DRM Free.
Theplatform hasn't been updated in years.
The service work good.
I wish we had a docker container that could connect to their service.
I'm mostly insterested in using it for my Philo account.
They somehow got access to their backend.

3 Likes

It seems that at one time, they provided login to Spectrum. Why is it gone now?

1 Like

The people that developed the platform didn't ask the services before adding the ability to access service.
They got in trouble.
The group that owns that platform is now broke and who knows.
I would love to have their technology to add to channels.

Really?

1 Like

Well the group formed years ago and has yet to do anyting.
Sure glad i don't rely on the platform.
I would rather have channels DVR.

1 Like

channels needs to integrate drm or at least mpd format.

Stremium doesn't do DRM.
SiliconDust DVR doesn't record and play DRM.

I wouldn't count on it happening.
Stremium doesn't support DRM either.
I do agree. The more TVE changes operation and people have to manually learn how to set tings up, the more of a nitch product it will become.

1 Like

HDHR does play Cable Card DRM but does not record.

2 Likes

The firmware update is coming for DRM but i wouldn't hold my subreath waiting for DRM support on network tuners.

1 Like

We haven’t found people who can give us many examples yet:

We're asking: what non-DRM live mpd streams do you actually stream?

Reproductor M3U8 - HLS + DASH Player

is there any non DRM streams out there? I think just about everything.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.

Reproductor M3U8 - HLS + DASH Player will allow both mpd and hls to play.

1 Like

Can you please provide any specific examples of live mpd streams that work with this?

2 Likes
  1. Low Latency Chunked Single-Bitrate, AVC, and AAC: Video 30fps at 1200, 600, and 300kbps. Audio 48kHz 48kbps
  2. 10-bit UHD SDR Live profile mpd: ../DASHed/2b/11/MultiRate.mpd generated by GPAC
  3. Switching across adaptation set – With switching element:
    manifest.mpd generated by GPAC
  4. AVC, Multi-Resolution Multi-Rate, Live profile, SegmentTimeline mpd: https://dash.akamaized.net/dash264/TestCases/2c/qualcomm/1/MultiResMPEG2.mpd
  5. AVC, Multi-Resolution Multi-Rate, Live profile, upto 1080p mpd: /home/elkhatib/Documents/dash264/TestCasesHD/2b/qualcomm/ED_2Sec_MultiRes_HighProf/MultiResMPEG2.mpd generated by GPAC
  6. AVC, Single-Resolution Multi-Rate, Live profile mpd: /home/elkhatib/Documents/dash264/TestCases/1b/qualcomm/1_BBB_2Sec_MainProf/MultiRate.mpd generated by GPAC
2 Likes