Stretch to fit broken on Android

half the time it doesn't stretch at all, half the time it stretches too much. I have yet to see it stretch correctly today while watching the Mets game on my phone.

Does it work better in Software decoding mode?

it doesn't work at all in software decoding mode...it never stretches if i have the software decoder on. that is actually the same as it has always been.

example of it not stretching at all...

when the channel first loads in portrait mode, it looks like it starts as stretched out but then immediately shrinks to fit horizontally.

same thing if I open the channel in landscape mode...it initially is stretched as I would expect it to be (and as it has always been), then shrinks back to the black bars on the sides.

@tmm1 I took a screen record where you can see what I'm talking about. it starts stretched correctly, then shrinks to have the black bars on each side...but I can't upload it here. where should I send it?

@tmm1 any ideas here? it's definitely not a phone issue, Kodi is still able to stretch to fill the entire screen like channels used to...so something changed somewhere (unfortunately I'm not sure exactly when).

any ideas how to get this back working again? it's annoying to not have it use the entire screen area...