Stretch Video to fit

Any plans to add this feature to the Android TV app, similar to the AppleTV app?

What device are you using? Some automatically stretch by default.

I am using an Nvidia Shield TV. It tries to auto stretch, but my SD channels have a few overscan lines at the top, which get detected as part of the image. The AppleTv feature corrects for it, but the Android TV app does not.

We get that on our FTV on some SD programming. I’m not certain there’s anything the app can reasonably do about it. I tried to make it go away by going into the FTV’s sizing setting and blowing it out a little more and it made no change in the displayed image.

I think it may be in the transmitted content?

It definitely is in the transmitted content. But the AppleTV setting crops it out perfectly.

The latest beta app on the Play Store (getchannels.com/beta) adds a Stretch To Fit setting for the Video Player.

I tried the stretch option on a 4:3 video using Channels on a fire stick 4k. It distorted the aspect ratio. Really the options should be letterbox (don't cut anything off) or fill the screen (cut off extra from one dimension if needed).

1 Like